AKSU Post UTME / DE Screening Form Session/Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) has commenced the sale of Post UTME and Direct Entry forms for the 2023/2024 academic year. With 8 distinct faculties, candidates with 140+ in UTME and other specified requirements are eligible. Applications are open from 7th August to 29th September, 2023. Detailed guidelines and requirements are stipulated.
Latest Info on AKSU Post UTME / DE Screening Form
At the heart of Akwa Ibom, an opportunity beckons! Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) has announced its doors open for Post UTME and Direct Entry admissions for the 2023/2024 academic year. This article presents the necessary information for prospective students.
|📢 Announcement||AKSU selling Post UTME & Direct Entry forms for 2023/2024|
|🖥️ Application Mode||Online for both UTME & Direct Entry candidates|
|🎓 AKSU Faculties||8 faculties incl. Agriculture, Arts, Biological Sciences, Education, Engineering, Management Sciences, etc.|
|📊 Post UTME Eligibility||140+ in UTME, AKSU as first choice, 5 credits incl. English, Direct Entry requirements met|
|📝 O’Level Result Upload||Via university’s portal & JAMB’s. Clear documents needed; blurred ones lead to disqualification|
|📅 Application Duration||7th August – 29th September, 2023|
|🔗 Application Steps||Visit AKSU site, enroll, pay fee, upload details & documents, finish registration|
|⚠️ Important Notes||Accept admission within 4 weeks; non-registrants not considered; misrepresentation punished; upload results at JAMB CBT.|
The prestigious Akwa Ibom State University invites applications from talented and ambitious individuals who wish to further their academic pursuits. Both UTME and Direct Entry candidates are encouraged to apply.
Courses on Offer
The university offers a myriad of courses across diverse faculties that cater to various academic interests. Let’s explore the academic avenues that await you:
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Agricultural Economics & Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Fisheries & Aquaculture
- Soil Science
- Faculty of Arts
- History & International Studies
- Performing Arts
- Religious and Cultural Studies
- Faculty of Biological Sciences
- Genetics and Biotechnology
- Marine Biology
- Faculty of Education
- Education Biology
- Education Chemistry
- Education Integrated Science
- Education Mathematics
- Education Physics
- Faculty of Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Faculty of Physical Sciences
- Computer Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Sociology & Anthropology
Eligibility for the AKSU Post UTME
Wondering if you fit the bill? Here’s what you need:
- A score of 140 or above in the 2023 UTME conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Direct Entry (DE) candidates should have chosen AKSU as their primary choice.
- Minimum five (5) credit passes, English Language included, in not more than two attempts.
- Direct Entry candidates should possess relevant qualifications such as OND/NCE/HND/First Degree/ A’ Level in the appropriate disciplines.
A Gentle Reminder about O’LEVEL RESULTS
Ensure that you upload your SSCE results on the official University’s portal. The clarity of the uploaded documents is pivotal. Any oversight in this regard, or non-compliance with the upload requirements, could jeopardise your admission prospects.
Preparing for the AKSU Post-UTME / DE Screening Exercise
Before you begin, gather:
- Your 2023 UTME Result slip, showcasing your coloured photograph.
- Relevant certificates like WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Result, Diploma, NCE or A-level result (for Direct Entry).
- Birth Certificate, Certificate of Origin, and Medical Fitness Certificate from a recognised government hospital.
Simplified Steps to Apply for AKSU Post UTME Form
- Timings to Remember: The registration window is open from 7th August, 2023 till 29th September, 2023.
- Start your journey by visiting the AKSU Application Portal.
- Click on ‘Start Now’ followed by ‘Enroll’. Use your JAMB registration number to proceed.
- Submit the required registration fee (NGN 2000.00, excluding bank charges). Multiple payment methods are available for convenience.
- Continue with the registration after payment. Ensure you upload a clear passport-sized photograph (within 20kB and 50kB).
- Submit your O-level details.
- Upload all necessary documents, each within a 120kB to 150kB size bracket.
- Cross-check all entered details.
- Once content, finish the registration to receive your confirmation slip.
- Admissions must be accepted within a four-week grace period, else they get deleted.
- Failure to register for the Post-UTME screening exercise implies ineligibility for admission.
- Candidates who didn’t opt for AKSU during UTME or Direct Entry aren’t eligible.
- Each applicant must use personal contact details for proper updates.
- Use genuine documents only and beware of falsification repercussions.
- Candidates with results pending can apply, but they must upload their results at a JAMB-approved CBT centre.
Lastly, to prevent last-minute rushes, it’s wise to start your registration process early.
The portal closes on Friday, 29th September, 2023. Abide by the guidelines to ensure a smooth online submission.
We will update this page with the starting and closing date once the form is out. So keep visiting this page regularly in order to be updated once the form is out.